Wednesday, July 3, 2013

First letter from Soeur Magleby!

 
 
Bonjour tout le monde!!
I am okay!!
In fact. I'm doing WONDERFUL. It's so funny because I don't feel like this is the first time you've heard from me. I guess it's because I feel like we have been in communication because of all your great letters. So I will try to fill you in on as much as I can!!
I LOVE it here. I am having so much fun. It really does feel like I have been here forever though. I can't believe it has only been a week! Time is so weird here. Especially on days where I have to wake up at 2:30 in the morning to fly to California.....yesterday was probably the hardest day so far. But I got through it.  It just sometimes seems like they forget we are all human around here..haha.
The first day I got here was completely overwhelming. We just got thrown around everywhere. And it takes a little bit of time to get a handle on everything. But once you do everything is fine. Everyone always is saying on your first few days "Just make it to Sunday!!" And that really is what you have to do. Sunday's are soooo awesome here. And I did make it! Actually, I felt pretty great probably by Saturday or even Friday. But Sunday was amazing.
It's funny because every night I fall asleep I think about all the things I would write in a letter about that day. And I must say, the letter's I write in my head are pretty great. But then of course as soon as I finally get to write a letter I can't remember anything at all.
For starters, I LOVE my companion!! I feel so so blessed to have her. I love Soeur Bragg and I seriously feel so blessed to have her!! She's from Los Angeles and we are seriously so weirdly similar. Like with all these different things! First off, we have the exact same diet. And she loves to run. Those are the first two things I found out and I was like okay, I think I'll be okay. Haha. When we were eating dinner like the second day we were here she said "Everyone tells me I eat like a rabbit." Haha that made me laugh so hard. Because I was like me tooo!!! Our personalities just go really great together. And like everything she says I go ME TOO! And we already planned that I'm going to visit her after our missions because she is surrounded by SO much film where she lives and she is going to try and get me connections. She didn't have any French experience at all. But she is a really hard worker, and she has made such amazing strides in the past week. It's crazy.
Speaking of, NO ONE IN MY DISTRICT HAD ANY FRENCH EXPERIENCE. Which I kind of expected. But still. Okay, there is one other Elder who actually knows a little. He probably knows as much as I do. Everyone is always asking us questions. He is from Germany so he learned French there. But other than that...everyone is SO stressed out about the French!! That's honestly been the biggest struggle for me I'd say. I'm having to reeeally push myself outside of class because practically everything we learn in class is review for me. Except for the church vocab. Which is obviously important. So I've been really trying to memorize that.
I sincerely LOVE my district though. We have so much fun. Haha we are laughing all the time. I've already learned to love every single one of them. There are only 4 soeurs and 6 elders. So we feel a little dominated. But they are all so great. Although sometimes they do a lot of things that REALLY remind me they are 18 year old boys...haha. Only one is 19. But we have one Elder from Germany and one from Madrid! Poor Elder Ruiz. He speaks practically no English. But he is working so hard. But he is honestly one of the sweetest Elder's I've ever met. He has such a sweet spirit about him. He is always making us laugh.
The French is coming along great! The lessons have been pretty tough though. I super suuuper love our first investigator though. His name is Nicholas! (Nick-O-LA) He's just a member volunteering at the MTC. I think. Unless they tricked me. But he is the sweetest. He is so understanding of our absolutely terrible French. Haha. And he is in such a great place to teach! He talks about how he really has no idea who Jesus Christ or God are at all. And so we spend a lot of time just explaining everything to him. The lessons are always fun because he is super nice. Although super stressful. The gift of tongues is 100% real. I literally walk out of the lessons, turn to Soeur Bragg and say "Ummm...what did I just say?" And she's like "Man I don't know but it sounded great!" Haha I am still sooooo far from learning. I don't even understand everything he says back to us. And I can't answer all his questions like I wish I could. But I sure am working really hard. French is seriously the blessed. I feel insanely lucky to be learning SUCH a beautiful language. Praying in French is the best thing ever. I feel the spirit SO strongly when I do. It's so much fun.
The devotionals here are awesome and I've learned so much already. It's insane how much I learn every single day. My testimony is growing so much more than I thought it could. It's so cool here how you can LITERALLY feel angels surrounded about you. Every second. It's so funny, because I honestly don't feel like myself anymore.  I am literally Sister Magleby. Nothing but a mouth piece for the Lord. A tool in his hands. BUT by being so, I feel more like myself than I ever have before. It's hard to explain. But I can literally feel myself fulfilling a calling that was predestined for me. I know for a fact this is exactly what I'm supposed to be doing right now.
And I couldn't be happier. It's so so hard. But so much fun. I love you guys so much!! Thank you for all the letters. They mean so much to me!! I really get so excited to read them every night. I feel your prayers and I am so grateful for them. I'm praying for you.
Je t'aime!!
Love,
Soeur Magleby
OH P.S. don't fall out of your seats...but honestly the food isn't bad. Haha okay if I ate what the Elders do, I'd be like 10 pounds heavier now. But I pretty much just eat salads and fruit everyday...and they really aren't that bad. Haha. I think I'm just going to be reeeeaally sick of salads soon. But I'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment