Monday, July 29, 2013

July 22nd Letter

Lundi encore?
Bonjour my beautiful family!!
Wow. I seriously cannot believe it is Monday again. The time here really freaks me out. It truly is like how everyone says "days feel like weeks and weeks feel like days." There is no better way to put it. But time is flying! This past week especially has probably been the fastest yet. I feel bad because I honestly don't have a lot to say today haha. I mean, of course I always have a lot to say because there is so much going on every second, but this week has pretty much just consisted of working as hard as I can, studying like crazy, and witnessing miracles! #lifeofamissionary
For starters....THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS!! My feet are doing soooo much better. I went to the doctor again on Wednesday and pretty much the doctor just told me that that bump on my feet is just the way my feet are...and it just got inflamed because of how my shoes were rubbing against it or something. Which I think I know which shoes did it. But it's just weird. But yeah he just said there probably isn't really a cure just to wear good shoes...which we already knew. But my feet are doing great! Okay well...not great. They seriously just hurt all the time. But nothing that is getting in the way of my work. I'll be okay. I really feel all of your prayers. It's amazing. You guys are the best!! Haha it was so funny though, when I took off my shoes in the doctors office (it was a different doctor than I saw last time) he seriously said "WOW! You've got a lot of stuff going on with your feet." Haha it made me laugh so hard. Like yeah, sorry, I know my feet are disgusting.
But, OH MY GOODNESS MOM THANK YOU FOR THE SHOES!!!!!! Seriously that was the best package in the world. If I have time hopefully I'll send you a couple pictures, and one of them is me with my package and just how excited I was to get it...seriously mom, you are the best. Everyone is so jealous I have the best mom ever. Really, the sisters in my room are always saying that. And mom I will give you more details in an individual email or letter, but the shoes are AMAZING. And they fit!!! They are so comfortable and feel sooo great for my bunions. So they are awesome. Thank you so much. I'm sorry we didn't figure out the shoe situation before. But I know that Heavenly Father will help me as I do my best. I'll be okay.
So. Don't stress about me. I'll just get good shoes and I'll be just fine!
There have been so many moments of pure joy this week. There are just so many times I am feeling the Spirit so strong, or just laughing so hard I can't breath, and I just take a moment to analyze my life and just how happy I am. I am having so much fun. This is seriously the greatest experience of my life. I'm so grateful for my teachers and for my district, we are always just laughing so insanely hard or feeling the Spirit so strong I'm always trying not to cry. It is all the simple little things, of like us somehow getting a huge thing of cheese balls and we all went crazy and were throwing them in each other's mouths just laughing like crazy...haha it sounds so silly. But let me tell ya. Anything is funny and hilarious after spending so much time in one room with all the same people. We all go a little crazy. It's really starting to hit us this week and we are all getting weird. Haha but it is just so funny!
This week I've started to get pretty terrified about going to France. I can't believe it is only 2 weeks away. It sounds so far but so soon all at the same time. A lot of moments this week I've just felt so terrified about it. About how much I really DON'T speak French. And kind of just have no idea what is going on and I'm going to be so insanely lost. So I've been kind of stressing about it a lot, but also of course just being so super excited. Seriously, there is at least one moment everyday where I am completely baffled that I'm going to France. I still have no idea why I am so blessed. I'm just so happy everyday about it!! But, after being pretty terrified, yesterday faith seemed to be like the big topic of the day. And it really hit me of like, the lesson I seem to have to learn over and over, that there is no reason for me to doubt my Heavenly Father. I just need to have faith in Him and then I won't be so scared. So now I'm really not so scared. I just feel ready. Because I'm doing my absolute best. I'm working so hard. And I know as I continue to do so, that I will be blessed. And I have complete faith that although it is going to be so hard, I have a Savior to lift me up. And to help me every single day to be better. I just have so much faith in my Savior. I know that it will all be okay.
Speaking of French....I had the COOLEST thing happen a couple days ago. It was 2 nights ago in my personal prayer. So, pretty much I've been saying about 50% of my personal prayers in French and the rest in English. It just gets really hard sometimes to actually convey the thoughts of my heart in French. But on Saturday night...I SAID MY ENTIRE PERSONAL PRAYER IN FRENCH. Haha okay it seems a little pathetic when I write it. But you have no idea how stoked I was. The time I feel the gift of tongues the absolute strongest is in my personal prayers! I say so many things I didn't know I knew how to say. So yeah. I said a 12 minute prayer, all completely in French. I almost cried I was just so filled with the Spirit and so happy afterwards. The French is definitely coming along. I'm so far from where I need to be, but my goodness the miracles are happening.
So, I love being a Sister Training Leader! It's great to sit in Branch Council and talk about all the sisters in our zone who are struggling. There have just been a few sisters I have been worried about, and I love being able to be the one (well, and Soeur Bragg) who get to talk to our president about all the sisters and what we can do to help them. It's so great! I am learning a lot of great motherly qualities while I look out for these sisters that I think will really bless me.
I finally saw Sister Eborn! I have a picture hopefully I'll send you in just a second. It was great to talk to her. We actually got to sit next to each other at the devotional last night and so we talked for a while. It was so great! It's so comforting to see someone I know. Haha I just said to her like "Wow, when I first met you I never would have imagined we would be sitting in the MTC together one day." It's just such a fun place here. I love it.
And I forgot that Elder Aslett (I hope that's how you spell it) is coming on Wednesday!!! I'll definitely be searching for him. That would be so much fun to see him!
So, that's pretty much it for me this week. I want to send a couple pictures so I didn't want to make this too long.
The coolest thing I've learned from this week...is just how amazing the Book of Mormon really is. There is literally every answer to every question we have in that book. It's absolutely amazing. I was thinking a couple days ago about how funny it is of how before my mission I would probably read 1 or 2 chapters a day and be done for the day. And not that that's bad. It was good I was even reading it. But it's so funny because now I literally am stressed because I don't feel like I have enough time in the day to read my scriptures. I'm just so immersed in them all the time. The coolest thing ever is actually "feasting upon the scriptures." If I could just sit all day and read the Book of Mormon (wow that looks so weird to me in English), then I would! So that's my challenge for you this week. Cause you know, I'm a missionary so I have to challenge you to do something. Make the BOM a part of your life. A real part of your life. I would kill to have the time that you have to be able to just read the scriptures. It sounds so silly as a missionary to say that I guess...but we are just always doing so much! It's nice to have personal study just to read the scriptures. So utilize your time! And if you have any questions...I promise you, from the bottom of my heart, that they are in that book!!
That's another cool thing I've been doing which was a challenge in a talk from Elder Bednar. I bought a new BOM, started clean, And I'm reading the entire book just asking one question. And looking for answers to that one question. It's really crazy how you read the same scriptures I've read a million times in a whole new light. So you should try that out too!
I love you all so so much. I really do feel your prayers. I mean it when I saw I couldn't do this without you. I'm so grateful to have such an AMAZING support system.
You are the best family in the world. All of you. I love you and prayer for you always. Don't ever worry about me, my Savior is with me.
Je vous aime!
-Soeur Magleby
P.S I sure hope you are all watching lots of movies for me...I seriously have been having physical withdraws this week. I miss watching movies SOOOO much. Definitely planning on having like a week long marathon of movies when I get home ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment