Monday, December 2, 2013

French Thanksgiving.‏

Look!! I made Thanksgiving in France!!

Thanksgiving party!! Elders ami sitting next to me. She is sooo cute my goodness.

LIMOGES IS LITERALLY A WINTER WONDERLAND!
They finally turned on the lights!! It is seriously so beautiful and crazy. I haven't seen so many Christmas lights in my life besides Temple Square. I am going to be taking pictures like crazy this month. I feel so so Lucky to be serving in such a beautiful place!!

Another view of our beauiful Mairie!

Sometimes we get to have lessons in Paul and it smells like Starbucks and I just feel really connected with my innerself. Haha. This really was such a fantastic night! This is M--, he just got baptized right before he moved to France so we have taught him a few lessons.
Also....I present to you,
Literally the best picture I have taken on my mission thus far.

Hello my dear loved ones! I apologize this leter is going to be quite short because I spent a lot of time today answering back to people personally. You all just write me really great emails and I really wanted to talk to each of you personally, so I think it was worth it! Haha.

This week I got pretty sick. So honestly..not a lot happened. Most days I just really was trying to survive and get through the day. I have not been sick enough that I needed to go to a doctor or anything though. Mostly it was just a really bad cold and a lot of headaches. It just was really annoying to have a cold bad enough I honestly felt like I couldn't breath and then have to go spend hours trying to talk to people in the cold. So last night, when I realized that if I just got some more sleep I knew that could almost completely cure me, I decided to go to bed early. We were going to go out and work but Sœur L convinced me that it would be better for this week if I just got better. So I went to bed at 7:30.  10 hours of sleep! I feel like a new person! Haha. Honestly it was really hard. I felt really werid because I hate not working. But I feel SO much better today and I am ready for the week ahead!

We have a crazy week ahead of us. We have set some absolutely insane goals. But I know that with the Lord on our side..nothing can stop us. I am just letting you know, expect a crazy email next week FULL of miracles. It is definitely going to happen!

French Thanksgiving!! IT was SO fun!! Honestly..not as many people showed up to our activity as we wanted. But the people who did show up, it was amazing! We had such a blast! It honestly felt like a real Thanksgiving. I was surrounded by people I loved, singing and dancing, and making hand Turkeys. It ws fantastic. Haha. And we got a bunch of potential amis out of it. So it was a success! Also, I learned a bunch about cooking! Haha I pulled out some real Thanksgving food. I made mashed potatoes and yams, and then Stovetop stuffing so I guess that doesn't really count. And Sœur Loder made a pumpkin pie! From a real pumpkin. It was really impressive. It was hilarious, everyone was literally DYING over my yams. French people have never had anything like it. Everyone was like demanding for my recipie and I was like uhh...literally it is just yams, butter, and Brown sugar. I was actually surprised they turned out because it was definitely different using French ingrediants. But I ended up writing my "recipe" down for a lot of people, so they apparently turned out great! It was funny because after I made them I honestly don't even know HOW I knew how to make them. I realized I had never made them before, but I guess just growing up all those years watching Grandma Miller make them...I just knew how!

It was fun to be able to teach the French people about Thanksgiving. They all really loved the idea of having a Holiday where we just spend time with family and talk about think about things that we are grateful for. There was so much that I have be grateful for. This Holiday season is going to be one I am never going to forget. I could not ask for anything more in my life. I was trying to sit down and think about all the things I am truly so grateful to the Lord for..and my list is absolutely amazing. I literally have no idea how I got so blessed. No idea. I could never deny that I have a Father in Heaven who loves me just by looking around at my life.
I have an amazing family who is everything to me. I have amazing friends who have always been there for me. I am in France. I am Learning French!! I get to spend all day everyday talking about my Savior Jesus Christ and testifying of Him and His life. I get to have a front row seat to seeing the effect that this Gospel can have on peoples lives. There is literally no greater blessing. I am not going to lie, it is going to be a little sad not being surrounded by the ones I love this Holiday season. But I can only be sad for a minute. Because then I look around me and realized how blessed I am. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for all my amazing blessings. And I just want to be able to show Him that. So I am going to take this Christmas to work as hard as I possibly can for Him. I am in the most perfect position I ever could be to be able to serve my Savior, because I carry his name on my badge. And it is the only thing I am doing right now in my life. But all of you have the opportunity to show your Savior how much you love Him too.
I invite you to take this Holiday season, and to reflect on all the amazing gifts that you have. Show your Savior how much you love Him and are grateful for the things He has given you, and do that by serving the people around you. There is an ADORABLE Mormon Message that just came out about Christmas. Go Watch it. Definitely going to work for Mormon Messages one day. Haha. I must!!

Give a little of yourself this Christmas.
I am so grateful for you. I can't tell you how much your love means to me. In my setting apart, I remember my Stake President saying that the prayers of my family were going to be what is going to buoy me up on my mission. And it is so true. I can so literally feel your love around me every single day.
Thank you for your prayers. I pray for you all so much. Je vous aime! Have a wonderful week!! Love, Sœur Magleby

No comments:

Post a Comment