Monday, November 25, 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...‏

>
Beautiful French countryside. 

Street board.
Missionary work is really boring.  #not

Salut! 

Timing this week has been insane. This week feels like a year long. I don't really know how that happened! But last Monday feels like FOREVER ago! I can't believe it is already week 5 of the transfer. That freaks me out. Soeur L and I are so determined to stay in Limoges for Christmas!! I will be so sad if I leave. I am really hoping to stay. Also, Limoges apparently goes CRAZY on the Christmas lights because they are hanging them up absolutely everywhere. This ville is going to be lit up in December. I am so stoked. I love the Christmas season!! I can already feel that it is going to be a little harder at Christmas, I am sure I will miss home a little bit. But not enough that it could ever make me not thrilled out of my mind too be doing what I am doing! 

The highlight of my week was definitely Zone Conference. We only have interviews with President every other transfer, and this transfer is interviews so I was just like thrilled out of my mind to talk to President. Especially because I had some specific things I wanted to talk about. It is really cool to go into interviews with questions, because President Roney is just pretty much all-knowing and it is so fantastic. He is someone that has already, and is going to continue to change my life. We talked for a long time about everything.  I walked out of our interview pretty much skipping. It just made me feel really good to know that President really does think I am a good missionary and really trusts me and he is proud of the work we are doing in Limoges! 

We are still focusing on finding people like crazy here in Limoges. We have not been able to really get in contact with any of our amis or even our potentials. It is really frustrating. Like obviously life is busy but I am just so sick of hearing people tell me they are too busy to hear our message! If only they actually understand what we were actually trying to share with them. More happiness than they could ever imagine. I think they would have time then. Haha. 

We did have a fantatstic finding activity this week though! We had Stake Conference here in Limoges this weekend (Yes, I went to my very first Stake Conference!! Haha) So we had 6 elders who came to stay here with the Limoges Elders. So 8 of us missionaries went out street boarding on Saturday, and it was such a blast! I just realized you probably don't understand that. Street boarding is just where we make a board that says something...honestly it could be anything, just something to get peoples attention, and then we go somewhere super busy and just go crazy talking to people! I am pretty sure we each individually talked to at least 100 people, and we only had like 45 minutes. Missionary work is just such a blast. And we passed out a bunch of Book of Mormons, and got some numbers!

I am also super stoked for our Thanksgiving activity this week.I will defintiely let you know how it goes in my next email! We are expecting a huuge crowd. A huge crowd of amis, that is. So I am stoked. Also nervous because I am making yams, stuffing, and mashed potatoes..haha. Not sure how it is going to work with my french ingrediants, but I am going to do my best! 

I am sorry I don't have more exciting things to talk about this week! Just know that I am on top of the world! I am so grateful for all of your support. It lifts me up everyday.

I get to see God's hands in my life every single day. I have made a goal to start writing down more of the little blessings that I see everyday, because there is literally so many things that I see every single day. I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and has His angels walking with me! 

I love you my wonderful family! I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving! Don't miss me too much. We have the rest of our lives to spend the Holidays together, and I only have 18 months to serve the Lord. And I have got to make the most of it.

Je vous aime! Je vous souhaite un bonne semaine!  Love,
Soeur Magleby
Outdoorsy me. The horse actually like got nasty and spit allll over me and I DIDNT even freak out.
Also this week we had the best member experience in the WORLD! Also Soeur L was in heaven, haha. We have an English family in our ward who own sooo much land annnd have 19 acres. So while the Elders did some heavy labor we went and hung out with horses. ;) It was SO much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment