Monday, November 11, 2013

And there goes another week

Bonjour tout le monde!
I hope you all have had a wonderful week!
 
Honestly this week was kind of one of those that just happened. Haha that is the only way I can use to describe it. It happened. Another week went by. But it was definitely a really good week!
 
Right now the hardest thing for me in Limoges is we just really are not seeing any fruits of our labors. I have been starting to realize how spoiled I was in Pau. Just working like CRAZY and barely having a second to breath we were teaching so many lessons. But now all I feel like I have been doing for the past two weeks is getting a whole bunch of rejection. I am just like super craving to teach the Plan of Salvation or something, it has been way too long....haha. #missionaryproblems
 
I am having so much fun here though, besides not seeing an incredible amount of success. Because I have faith that it is going to come. I really just feel that we are so close to huge miracles. It is just going to take a lot of faith to get there. But we can do it! This week we did a lot of traveling. Thursday we went to Bordeaux for Zone Training. Which was such a good day. Because I FINALLY got my package, and also got to talk to the Elders in Pau and they told me about how all my amis are doing! It was so good to talk to them and to know that they are working really hard, it gave me a lot of comfort. I told them they better baptize Y-- at the end of this transfer.
 
And then on Friday we had such a fun night and we got to go to the musical night that the Elders did! I think I may have said something about them last week. I don't really remember. But it was in a ville an hour away, and we didn't have anyone to stay with but then miraculously our ami told us that she wanted to go and that she would drive us! It was so fun! So that was a cool night. Got to see a bunch of missionaries. And their music night was good! But..it was also just their first night. And one of them was sick. The one who sang. Haha they did a really good job though. The whole time I just couldn't help thinking about how they really badly needed someone who can play the violin really well. Or sing. Or both. Too bad there isn't someone like that in this mission......cough cough.
 
And then on Saturday we spent all day traveling AGAIN because an équipe of elders in our district had a baptism! It was really cool. It was actually the first baptism I have been to on my mission. So I was excited to finally witness one!

 Gosh this work we are doing is just so amazing. There is nothing in the world like seeing the look on someone's face when they come out of the water. Nothing. There is no words that can describe the happiness this Gospel brings. That's definitely something I have learned here. I sure hope the next baptism I get to witness is here in Limoges!!
 
I realized I have not told you yet about Lindsey! Lindsey is actually our engagé. Which means she has a baptism date. And she is just the sweetest girl in the world. I love her so much. And she honestly is so prepared. But she is just a super busy université student so she barely has time to see us. So that has been our biggest problem. But I know that she is going to be baptized. She already knows its true, I can tell. She just is actually like super smart so she kind of over thinks everything. It is really funny. Her questions blow me away sometimes. It is so fun.
 
This week we made some really awesome goals, and we have already been praying for them like crazy. I just love waking up in the morning and wondering what amazing miracles I will get to see that day. Man, I really just have the best life.
 
The war with the cockroaches is still raging on. Haha. We can't figure out how they are getting in our apartment, because we figured out they aren't actually COMING from our apartment. So we have pretty much just gone with killing them with raid and buying traps and trying to catch them. We declared war. Today I accidently stepped in a trap and exlaimed "Dang it I just trapped myself! We are totally losing!" Haha. So yeah it sucks. But honestly it could be worse. I was talking to an elder this week who had bed bugs. Much rather have roaches.
 
This girl who is preparing for a mission soon asked me this week "I want you to honestly tell me, what is a mission like? Like really, HOW is it?" And honestly for a second I didn't know what to say. It is so hard to answer that question. But I have been thinking about that question a lot this week and trying to answer it for myself.
A mission is really, really hard. Harder than I ever imagined. Ever. It is nothing like I ever expected. I don't really remember what exactly I thought a mission was like before I was actually on one. But it is definitely not what I thought it would be.
 
A mission has taught me so much. I have learned so much more than I ever thought I would. About loving people. About the Gospel. And about myself. I honestly look back on my pre-mission self and wonder if I even HAD a testimony. I feel like I honestly did not know anything before my mission. It is so funny. I think I have just grown so much.

I never knew how real the Savior's Atonement is. I mess up a lot as a missionary. And sometimes it is really hard. But I always have the opportunity to become better. To become the kind of missionary that I know all of you think I am...haha.

I just want you all to know how happy I am here. I have never done something so hard. But I have never done something so amazing in my entire life. I will never, ever regret this decision. This year and a half is literally changing my entire life.

I literally could not be happier.
 
Okay maybe if I didn't have roaches in my apartment. Haha.
But even then. Life is amazing.
 
I hope you all take a moment this week to really notice just how much God has blessed you. And how much He is really a part of your life.
He loves you so much.
This Gospel is everything. Don't ever take it for granted.
I love you all more than I could ever even say.
Sorry I didn't have any huge miracles this week. But there are so many amazing miracles that happen everyday. I wish I had time to tell you all of them.
Just know that angels walk with me.
I love you so much. Bonne semaine!
Love,
Soeur Mag

No comments:

Post a Comment