Sunday, August 30, 2015

I LOVE MY LIFE

Yeah...couldn't really think of another caption for this email :) haha.
Hello my darling family. I hope you all had a wonderful week! I sure did...As always.
Literally...yesterday at church...okay let's just say that recently I seem to have lots of  tears form in my eyes and I can't even control it. It's the strangest thing. I try really hard..but no matter how I try to trick myself I think my emotions are a little overwhelmed. I have LITERALLY never felt so many emotions at once in my entire life. Anyways...my point was I feel like recently everyone is just being way to loving. Just sitting at church yesterday I was super overwhelmed by how much I really loved with all my heart people that were sitting in that room. And I felt like random people just kept coming up to me and being way to nice...seriously, it breaks my heart. Because I just love them so much. I just feel way to blessed with my life at the moment.
Coolest miracle of all this week..A wonderful man named Gabriel :) I don't think I have told you about him yet...If I have, sorry for the repeat.
But as you know, Soeur Bragg and I have been working like crazy to have a baptism this transfer. We told ourselves that there is no one we were letting ourselves leave our missions without having at least one baptism....and this week was the week where it all came together :) We have honestly been working just so hard and kind of getting frustrated..or, I guess, trying really hard not to let ourselves get frustrated, because we haven't been seeing lots of success. But just when our faith gets pushed to the limit...our loving Heavenly Father is always right there to bless us with amazing miracles that we don't even deserve.
So, Gabriel. About 4 weeks ago, on a Sunday, we were out contacting. We just had about 30 minutes and we had prayed to find another lesson with someone on the street. So we contacted a bunch of people in a row that told us rather rude no's. Haha. And then we just hear someone yell "QU-EST CE QUE VOUS PRÊCHEZ?" (What are you preaching?) And we hesitated to go talk to him because we thought he might be crazy....haha. But we went over and started talking to him. And he ended up being super sincere, and told us that he had just come from a church but that he didn't like it and was searching for a church and wondered if we could help because he saw our plaques and saw that they said Jesus. Sooo of course we taught him and prayed with him right there :) from the very first moment we just loved him, because he so cool! I will send you a picture next week...but there really is no way to describe it. But he is a super tall awesome African man who only wears designer suits and sunglasses...haha. He is so cool. So then we got a call from him a few days later. And he simply tell us "Hey I looked up the website of your church..and OF COURSE this is all true. Of course Joseph Smith had that vision and restored the church!! It's all true!!" Haha Soeur Bragg was just DYING on the phone so of course I was looking at her just dying to hear what he was saying...seriously, such a miracle. Honestly..I can't even believe it. So of course from that moment on we have been SO excited to teach him. But there was a lot of scheduling conflicts, and we weren't able to see him for a couple weeks. And he lost his phone and all this stuff...so we kind of felt like maybe things weren't going to work out even if he was such a miracle. BUT. We were still trying to keep our faith.
And then last week. He came to church. And we started to meet with him. And literally his first question was "So how is it that I become a member?" And honestly everything from that point on...has been just like that. He is going to be baptized this upcoming Sunday. We set his date for the 6th but he called us and told us he knows it is true so he wants to be baptized sooner...literally, he is incredible. I don't know if I am even explaining this well. En bref, he is going to be our miracle baptism of the transfer. He is amazing. Literally...it is impossible to teach him. We try to teach him and he just bears testimony throughout the whole lesson about the principle we are teaching. Haha. Today I said to Soeur Bragg "Getting taught by Gabriel is pretty great."
God is a God of miracles.
Also...We are having working like crazy with our zone leaders to help our zone teaching 20 lessons and to be more united. And this week we had 7 equipes teach 20 lessons...literally, more miracles than I can even comprehend. I just love my life more than words can say.
How grateful I am for my mission. I am forever changed. And I thank my Heavenly Father everyday.
I love you all. I will see you soon. Thanks for all your prayers!!
Love,
Soeur Magleby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment