Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Deals with God

Coucou!

Well, you are probably all super suprised to here from me. But I am getting online today because Monday we will be leaving for NICE! :) My life is kind of crazy right now. Yesterday we went to Geneva for Zone Training, and we are going there again today for Zone Conference...and then Monday we leave for Nice! To see ELDER ANDERSON. It literally feels better than Christmas. It is better than Christmas. I am freaking out, haha. I don't think I have really comprehended it yet, but I am so stoked. It is going to be quite a long trip though. Not TOO bad because at least I am not on the other side of the country... but we leave Monday morning and we are taking a train to Lyon. And then we are taking a bus (that is going to be FULL of missionaries) to Nice. We leave at 1:30 at get there at 9:30. Yeah, it is going to be a fun time. Haha.

As for this week..I feel like I just talked to you, but honestly we have had a wonderful week! I am donig a lot better this week. I just feel a lot more with it. I don't know why last week I just felt a little all over the place. Like I said, I think I just needed time to adjust. but now I am adjusted and I am super in love with this ville. I still feel pretty new..I mean, it is only the second week. But every day I just fall more in love with it!! I also love being in the Geneva Zone, it is really fun. Super different than the other zones I have been in though, mostly because I am one of the like 3 Americans in the Zone. It is super super fun though, I love it!

My main focus right now is July 5th. I wake up in the morning and go to bed at night just thinking about how badly I want to accomplish our goal to have a baptism that day!! So this week I wanted to get really serious about making a deal with God. Making deals with God are the best, He always follows through ;) So I told Soeur Reichelt that I really just wanted to sit down and get serious about this. So we made a list of everything we needed to do to reach our goal, and we asked Heavenly Father that as we promise to do these things, to put people in our path that will be ready for baptism in just a few weeks.
And then the miracles came! We got 3 new amis this week. All of them super wonderful as well. We have not been able to set a date with any of them yet...but that is the goal of this week: just seriously asking EVERY ami we have who even has the potential of getting baptism in just 4 weeks, to commit them to baptism. It is a super super crazy illogical goal that we have, that we would be able to find someone who will be prepared, and ready, in such a short time. But I know it is possible. I have seen it. Na-- was ready to be baptized the next day after we met her. And I know I can find someone like her again., but it is definitely going to take A LOT of effort on our part. I just really am having to rely on my Savior to mold me into the best missionary I can be to be able to accomplish this goal.

I think the coolest miracle from this week was a lady named Mo--. It was the end of the night, we just had about 20 minutes left, so we were just walking around doing contacting. Feeling pretty tired and ready to go home. So we were just walking, and then we just saw a lady sitting by herself. I don't even really know why, because it was kind of awkward, but we just went and sat down next to her. And then we just started making small talk. Which led into us asking her the questionnaire. Which led into us teaching her about The Book of Mormon. And then we left her with a prayer, and made a rdv for this Sunday :) All in under ten minutes. It was a really cool experience, and I think it touched me so much because she had SUCH a light with her. She was one of those that we gave her the Book of Mormon, and she just looked at us with SO much gratitude in her heart. She really, really needs this Gospel in her life. And I love when I can physical see that inside of people.

It also really touched me because I had a cool experience, where I got to testify to her of the current death of someone who I really, really love. She asked me why the Book of Mormon helps me. And without even really think about it..I told her about recently in my life, I had lost someone I really really loved. And it was really hard. But one day I was reading the Book of Mormon, and I was reading about the Spirit World and where people go after this life...and I just got this overwhelming confirmation that I know exactly where she is right now, and I know she is happy, in peace, and without pain. And that's why I am so grateful for The Book of Mormon.

I walked away from that experience just feeling overwhelmingly grateful to be a missionary. That I have these really cool experiences in my life, and then I am able to testify to people about these experiences. Everyday. On the street! In France!! I couldn't think of anything quite greater.
I love you all. I am so grateful for this beautiful life I am living.
I will talk to you all next Monday and I am sure I will have PLENTY to say :)
Talk to you soon!
Bisous!
Love,
Soeur Magleby

No comments:

Post a Comment