Sunday, October 19, 2014

A prophet's voice

This is how we spent our P-Day :) At an absolute ADORABLE café. And yes I am literally eating cheese and bread...haha. #sterotypicalfrench

Okay...for this to make sense you should go look back at my pictures from a while ago..when I was in Limoges. We redid our district picture because we were all together except for those who are home now. Anyway..I thought it was funny. Haha.
Reunited with my MTC comps!! I really love them so much :) It is so cool to see how much all of us have changed.
Me and my adorable comp :) Yes we are as happy to be together as you assume we probably are. Sorry I look 5 years old.
Hello my dear family!

GENERAL CONFERENCE. Was it great, or was it great?? I know I have said this before...but it honestly feels like Christmas as a missionary. I wish I would have realized my whole life just how important general conference is. It really is just pure revelation fed to us for 8 hours. Straight from God. What more could we ask for?? This time around I tried really hard to really ask and pray about questions before the conference, and I can tell you that every one of my questions got answered. It was actually a very cool experience. So, I pretty much feel like I am on a spiritual high right now. Listening to all of those special witnesses of Christ just really does that to me. They really are special witnesses. I just feel such a confirmation every single time they testify that our Savior lives. It is the best feeling in the world. And oh my goodness how much did they talk about prophets? I think it might be important for us to listen to and sustain the prophets and apostles..haha. That was crazy. But obviously so important. I really am so grateful for a living prophet! That is one of the biggest things that we get to testify to people everyday. And I love it. I have grown such a big testimony on my mission of just how incredible blessed we are to have our prophet. And that he really is a prophet of God!

So let's all do our best to apply everything we learned this weekend! It is obviously really important :)
As for this week...it was pretty much just craziness. As Lyon STL's and having the apartment where all the sisters stay..the first week of the transfer is always crazy. This past week was kind of out of control. Haha. There were just a lot of transportation issues that happened. And we had a ton of missionaries that went home as well. Let's just say last night was the first night I got to go to bed at 10.30...haha. It was pretty exhausting. But it was also pretty fun, because I got to see so many missionaries I love! But we were just so involved in helping everyone out this week we didn't get much time to do work in our sector. I guess it was just a different kind of work I can say...so we didn't have much happen this week. Mostly running around helping missionaries and then having lots of meetings with our ward leaders. Which is actually really great. But just boring missionary stuff :) Actually had a really wonderful moment this week though of just PURE JOY. Those moments are my favorite. And I have had so many on my mission!

I don't know if I have talked about my bishop here in Confluence...but he is one of the most inspirational men I have ever met. I am kind of obsessed with their family. Okay, maybe a lot. His wife is American and they lived in America for 12 years then came to France just because pretty much the Spirit told them to...and now they are doing AMAZING things here. And we got to go to their house this week with M and eat pizza and have a beautiful night together :) and there was this moment where the bishop was playing the guitar, and we were all sitting around the table rocking out to a great version of "I hope they call me on a mission' and I just looked around and all the angelic kids and the beautiful smiles on their faces, and M being cute and trying to sing along, and just the pure joy that I could feel in that room. It is something so hard to explain. But I just feel the Spirit so strong in their home. They give me the perfect example of what my what I want my future family to be.

The family is where we find the most joy in this life. It is so true. I have spent a lot of time studying that on my mission. And I know it is so true. The home is the place the closest to the temple. I think about my future family everyday on my mission and how excited I am to apply everything I have learned as a missionary. That is one of the reasons I am so grateful for my mission. I now understand the importance of family. It is literally at the center of God's plan. And I just am so devoted to raising a family centered on Christ.

And I am so grateful for the family I was raised in. I thank my Heavenly Father every day for that. There was no way I would be here without you guys. And without being raised the way I was.
I am forever indebted to you. I love you all so much. Thank you for all you have done for me and all you do for me everyday.
Like President Monson said...let's try a little bit harder to be a little bit better this week :)
I love you all so much!!
Have a great week!!
Love,
Soeur Magleby

No comments:

Post a Comment