Thursday, October 23, 2014

I LOVE FALL

Since I don't have Instagram....  here are the pictures I would have instagrammed this week :) haha.

Fall in Lyon! It is so beautiful. This picture doesn't do it justice.
I love my comp :)

Long story I will tell you later...but we had to go to a police station and be questionned. Yup, I am a rebel. Hahaha
WE ARE OBSESSED. This is how Soeur Bragg and I are surviving. Coconut water!



Sorry my subject line has nothing to do with anything...except for the fact that Lyon has PERFECT fall weather right now. I am kind of obsessed with it. It just helps me to be even happier everyday, so that's good :)

This week was really great. I learned a lot, honestly. This transfer has been really interesting for me. You could probably tell last transfer I was just really happy all the time and we had tons of success. Not to say it was "easy" because it never really is...but this transfer has just been one of the hardest ones I have had. Mostly just in the fact that the work here has been really hard. We are just facing lots of opposition...just amis dropping us, no one answering the phone, everyone being too busy, us trying our best to teach 20 lessons a week and almost killing ourselves to get it...I am obviously still insanely happy, but it has just been especially hard lately. I just really want to be a good example for all of our sisters, but it gets really frustrating with peoples' free agency. Haha. But I really feel like I have been learning soo much these past few weeks. Even though it has been a little hard...I am so so grateful, because even in this past week I have learned so much. I really honestly feel like Heavenly Father is just trying to get me to learn as much as I possibly can before I get home..and I am really grateful for that. So I really have nothing to complain about, because I was able to learn a lot this past week through the opposition we faced. Also yesterday we fasted and got some really great blessings from our Zone Leaders, so I feel a million times better today :)

As for this week...there were some really awesome highlights. Especially with Michal and Barbara. They are both doing soooo great!! Michal got the Priesthood this week! And our amazing bishop gave him the blessing, so the spirit was sooo strong. That was such a cool moment to be involved with. And then..he passed the sacrament yesterday!! And the day before he had gone shopping to buy a suit :) So there he was, passing the sacrament in his classy suit. I felt stupid because I just couldn't stop smiling. I just feel so blessed to be able to see people change their lives in this way. It truly is incredible. And B-- has literally just become my best friend...I love her so much. And she has started going to institute three times a week studying the Doctrine and Covenants, it is so great for her. She is definitely learning a lot. Haha. And then the most excited thing...is that BOTH of them are going to the temple this weekend!! And they are both taking TWO names with them to be baptized for their ancestors!! Gosh. I am way too excited for them. It literally is the best feeling in the world. I just think about how much I love the temple...and to think that these people that I got blessed to teach are going to be able to feel these SAME feelings. Gosh. I am so excited for them.
So, that has been the most exciting part of my week :)

Also, So-- finally came back in the picture! (The Spanish one) The story with her is kind of long...but to make it short, she went to Spain for a week and during that week having no contact with us was really hard for her..so she said she didn't even pray for a week. So she kind of faltered a bit. I honestly was really worried for her. So we had a good lesson with her the week before last, and she committed to reading again and praying more, because she really realized for herself how much she needs the church. She said she feels so sad without it. Well, duh. Haha. Anyways, we got to see her this week and she is her normal wonderful self again :) She is adorable. The only problem is she is working like craaaazy right now, so that has been hard because we barely have time to see her. All she has to do is stop smoking and then she can be baptized. But also..she is moving to Spain in November. So she might not be able to baptized here. But, no matter what, she will definitely be baptized.

And for the last major thing I learned this week..we got to have interviews with President. ...over the phone interviews. Haha. Because Elder Kearon is coming for our Zone Conference, he had to do interviews over the phone. I at first thought it would be super weird, but it ended up being SO great. I just felt like I was talking on the phone with my best friend. I love him so much.  I really prepared and asked him questions that of course I got beautiful answers to. It would take too long to tell you EVERYTHING I learned..so in summary, one of the things I learned from him.
I asked him about doubts. How sometimes I feel like I have way too many doubts, and how I can help to push those out. They aren't ever huge doubts, just regular ones because you know...we are human. And he taught me a lot. But I  LOVED something he said. He said that there is one thing we need to root our testimony in, that we can never deny. And that is the fruits of the Gospel. We KNOW that living the Gospel makes us happy. And we can see the fruits of it. And no matter how hard anyone tries, that is something we will never be able to deny.

And it is true! I know that with all my heart.
I know that when we live these principles...we are happy.
And that is what it is all about.  Mosiah 2:41. Still glad it is my mission scripture.

Let's all just remember how HAPPY we are and never let ourselves doubt again :)
I love you all!
thank you as always for your incredible love and support.
I will see you soon.
....way too soon.
Love,
Soeur Magleby

No comments:

Post a Comment