Saturday, January 4, 2014

Learning

Soo..I decided to wrap your packages and wait until Christmas to open them. This is our Christmas tree and all our presents.
I thought you would enjoy that.
 
This whole life is just one huge learning experience. It is all about our progression.

It really hit me in a weird way yesterday, during church when our Gospel Principles teacher asked;
"If God knows the plan, if He already knows what bad choices we are going to make, the good ones and the bad ones, and if He knows what is going to happen in the end...why do we even need to be here?"

Progression. Experience. Learning. That is why we are all here. That has been the theme of my week.

We had our Christmas Zone Conference last Tuesday. Definitely the best Zone Conference I have had by far! And not only because it was Christmas and we had a feast and all got our packages. But it was one of the most spiritual experiences I have had a long time. I don't know if ever really wrote home about it, but back in August, President Roney's daughter and her husband lost their baby that only lived for a week. He talked about it a lot with us missionaries so we were all aware of the sitatuion. And at Zone Conference this week, he had his son-in-law came talk to us about their experience.
This family is beyond words.I was literally bawling by the end of his talk. They are such an inspiration to me. He told us this story with so much light. This heart-breaking story. He was literally glowing the entire time he was talking to us. He talked about how much this birth of their child changed their entire lives. How it made them better people. And made everything in their life brighter and more meaningful. He took this event in his life, the hardest thing anyone can go through of losing a child, and used it to help him see how Heavenly Father answers his prayers. And how much He loves Him.

It blew my mind. I obviously have no idea how I would take that situation if I was ever in their spot. But I am pretty sure I wouldn't be as Christlike as this amazing family is as they have gone through this trial. Such an amazing example.

It really got me thinking. I meet so many people everyday, who tell me that God doesn't exist. And often, I ask them what it is to lead them to this point in their life where they can't even  believe in God. And many times, I have heard the response that they lost someone important in their lives. A lot of times they tell me they have lost a child. And so they can't believe in God anymore. I was thinking about that a lot after this conference. How some people can take an experience, and have it lead them to believe that God does not exist. And others can take this experience to help them see how much God loves them.

That is what this Gospel does for us. That is what Jesus Christ does for us. We can literally overcome any trial, any heartache, because we have the Savoir on our side. And that is why I am so grateful for my Savior this Christmas season.  Because without Him, I literally could not been doing anything I am doing.

Often times I fall asleep at night wondering how in the world I am able to keep going. And I know that I am not doing this alone. There is absolutely no possible way I could be. It makes me think of President Uchodorf's talk a couple conference's ago.

That even in our darkest hour, the light of the Savior will always shine through.
Our Savior's light will always carry us through the darkness, no matter how dark it may be.
As I walk with Him everyday, I see it. I see Him changing peoples lives.
There is literally nothing else that can bring us more happiness.
 
I have learned so much this week. Through Zone Conference, through really amazing personal studies, and through working really hard and not really seeing any fruits of our labors this week.
I have learned so much. And so, now that I look at it, this last week I accomplished a lot.
 
Because I learned. And that's why we are all here.

I love you so much my amazing family. Keep pushing on. Be happy. Especially during Christmas. Look to the Savior and His light.
He is always there for you.
Je vous aime.
Merry Christmas!!
I will talk to you soon.
Love,
Soeur Magleby

No comments:

Post a Comment