Monday, January 27, 2014

Magic land

I live in a Magic land. Seriously. Everything is like a dream here in this city.
 
I have had a really awesome first week of the transfer! I love Soeur C. We get along super well. Most importantly, we work really hard together and laugh even harder. It is so much fun! She is so sweet and just a really hard worker, so I have absolutely no complaints! Also, she is amazing me at helping me with my goals. As I think I mentioned recentely, I am working really hard this transfer to become more of a consecrated missionary. Which means I am doing everything I can to completely put my entire focus on the work I am doing here, including my thoughts. And she has been really awesome at helping me with this goal. Which means pretty much we just do lots of deep doctrine discussions while we are out working all day. It has made it way fun as well, as we have had a lot of fun trying to answer our questions together. Also she is the first companion I have had who is willing to talk in French with me throughout the day! It has already helped me so much. Obviously we still speak English, but it just helps so much when I do more than just talk to people on the street and members in French. I honestly have seen huge progression in my French the last couple of weeks. It has been really cool to see. I am SO FAR from where I need to be. But honestly, I have just been praying for help so so much and working as hard as I can..and I am definitely seeing miracles come from it. It has been so cool to see how much I have learned!
 
Alright, back to magic land.

First off, N- is still doing amazing. We got to teach her a couple times this week and both times they were literally incredible. We tried to teach her The Gospel of Jesus Christ but she pretty much ended up teaching us. Seriously. This woman is incredible. Then it got a little hard because we had only taught her twice for the week, (we were planning on more to have her baptized by the 8th) and then she called us in the morning and said that she was super super sick and couldn't have us over. So we of course, offered to have someone give her blessing! She of course said yes even though she literally had no idea what that meant. She called me when we were at the church for a young women activity, so I started calling members and it seemed like no one was free to go give her a blessing. And I was getting a little nervous, and then our wonderful bishop walked in the door! I asked him if he could go and the amazing person he is, he said yes without hesitation. A miracle. Because this was such a needed experience for both N- and the bishop!
 
I'll explain what I mean. It went really well. The bishop explained everything to her and told her blessings have to work according to HER faith. And she was like "Of course. That's not a problem." Of course. She has so much faith. And then they gave her the blessing. And as soon as it was over, she said she had this huge feeling come over her entire body and she felt so much better. And actually, we just ran into her before coming here to do emails today! And of course, she said she is completely better. And that it worked. Miracle!
 
The reason I say that was an amazing experience for the bishop is because he got to see what a miracle N- is. And see how much faith she has. And it made him realize what amazing things are happening here in Limoges. Which meant yesterday at the end of Sacrament Meeting he stood up and pleaded with the ward to help us, to work with us. He talked about how there are AMAZING things happening in Limoges and how we need their help. And that was just after an amazing sister in our ward got up and talked about how much teaching N- with us had blessed her.
 
Getting the members on our side is everything. And it is happening!
I kept saying to you that I felt like things were happening here in Limoges.
And now, THEY ARE. It is amazing the turn around I have seen the ward do since my first transfer. God is hastening His work. And I get to see that right before my eyes. It is incredible!
 
I am so happy right now. I feel way too blessed. I don't know what I did to deserve this. I just know I am exactly where I need to be and I couldn't be happier about it.
Just in case you are worried, N- is still going to be baptized on the 8th. We are going to have to teach her like crazy this week, but it is going to happen!
I love you all so much. I thank my Heavenly Father for my amazing family so many times a day.

I hope you all have a wonderful week!
Je vous aime!
Bisous!
Love,
Soeur Magleby

No comments:

Post a Comment