Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Enfin

Typical French missionary moment. Broken umbrella and baguette in hand.
Ya know, the usual.

Me and Soeur C!

Hello my darling loved ones!

Sorry to have to make you wait an extra day. I hope you were able to make it through. Haha. Zone Conference was awesome though! I always love them, ESPECIALLY when it is the interview tour. (They happen every other transfer) It was really funny though, throughout the past couple weeks I have been writing down in my planner all the questions that have been coming into my head that I wanted to ask President Roney. We only get so many interviews with him while we are here, so I always want to be super prepared for all of them. But it was really funny because as I did that..through studying, prayer, and my awesome companion, I answered all my own questions! So we just had a really simple interview this time around. I just pretty much told him how on top of the world happy I am with my life right now. I think he just knows he doesn't have to worry about me. Which is good. But, I learned a lot from Zone Conference and it was a really great day.

This week has been an amazing one. As it always is, with N-- in it :)  We taught her all the commandments this week. In three rdv's. And it was not even hard. I am not even kidding you... it is like I literally can't teach her. She just ends up teaching me every time! The funniest moment was with the word of wisdom. That was my ONLY concern with her, is that she drank coffee. But I am not joking you, the minute she heard that coffee was against the word of wisdom she literally said "Well, alright, no more coffee!" And that was that. She didn't even question it. And then things like she has literally been living the law of chastity her entire life...it is just ridiculous. And it is so wonderful.

I have had so many moments of pure joy this week. My life right now is just super revolved around her. I literally like am never thinking about anything else. I love it.  She had us over for dinner on Saturday night as we taught her the last lesson. And it was just one of those moments where I felt so much PURE joy. I just can't even explain it. It was just this feeling where there was literally no where else in the world I would rather be at that moment. Just sitting around the table, all of us laughing so hard at adorable little Soren, drinking our infusion tea (that she had just bought ;) I just looked around myself and realized how amazingly happy I was in that moment.
Soren. Such a punk. Haha us two just chillen in the back. He is my favorite little kid in the world.

 
N--'s word of the week this week has been "Enfin" which just means, at last. She keeps saying it all the time. She just said that is the best way she can describe how she feels right now. Enfin. At last. At last she has found the happiness she has looking for, for her entire life.
My favorite moment of this week by far was definitely Sunday. Testimony meeting. I was sitting by N--, and the bishop told her to make sure she knew that she could still bear her testimony even if she wasn't a member. So as soon as the first person went, she turned to me and said she wanted to go but she was kind of scared and asked if I would go with her. So, we did! Her testimony was incredible. I was just standing up there next to her and looking at everyone's faces, and I swear there was not one person who wasn't smiling. She just bore her simple testimony about how she KNOWS this is the church reestablished on the earth and that she is so, so happy that she has finally found her home. It was incredible.
Baptism this Saturday. I feel like I am a little kid and I am just about jumping off the walls I am so excited. I am just so humbled to be apart of this work. I am so happy right now. I wouldn't trade any of this for the world. No matter how tired I am. Or how many times I break my dang umbrella. Or how frustrated I get with the language. Or how inadequate I feel.
I am learning so much everyday. This is my favorite transfer so far. I literally just feel on top of the world.
I am just filled with so much love! For this city. For this country. For my amis. For the members. For the people I pass on the street everyday. For my companion. For YOU.
And most importantly, for my Heavenly Father and for my Savior.
Thank you all for your prayers! They help me make it through!
I love you all, I can't wait to talk to you next week!
Love,
Soeur Magleby

No comments:

Post a Comment