Monday, August 25, 2014

Blessed

Me and my comp Soeur Richardson :)
Last night we had a fried food party....it was a blast.​
 Can you believe I LIVE here?!




Salut!
Wow. Where to begin. This week has been absolutely crazy. Honestly...I have never been so exhausted, overwhelmed, or stressed my entire mission.

And yet...I have never, ever been so happy. Funny how that works.

This week was a little different because our first week here is kind of crazy. My équipe is a little different..because we have the apartment where all the sisters coming to Lyon stay. We had at least ten sisters in our apartment every single night this week. We have the missionaries who are going home, and then new missionaries, and then their trainers, and then all the missionaries who came for a conference. It is suuuper exhausting. But also...it is kind of just like one big party. Haha. I am not going to lie, it is crazy to be in charge of so many sisters. But also I get to see so many wonderful missionaries that I haven't seen in so long who I love SO much. It is crazy to me how many relationships I have made on the mission. But I have made friends here that I know will be friends for life... It is honestly incredible.

That is why all I can describe how I feel right now is blessed. So, so blessed. It has been a crazy week but like I said...I am sooo happy right now! I absolutely adore Lyon. And I knew I would. This is a super fun place to be. And the work here is INCREDIBLE. Seriously the work is going so fast I feel like I am running to keep up with it. Our ward is amazing. Seriously...the most functioning ward I have ever been in. It is so crazy. Our bishop is like....unbelievable. Granted, his wife is American and he lived in America for 12 years soo...he knows how to get things done. It is great. Haha. I just was amazed yesterday at church. I feel like I am having to run to catch up with how fast this ward is doing missionary work. And we have so many wonderful amis right now. I feel like I stepped into this whole new world of missionary work. That is another reason I feel so incredibly blessed. I just wake up every morning, walk the beautiful streets of Lyon and think to myself "What in the world did I do to deserve this?" I feel like Heavenly Father is pouring his blessings upon me. It is the most wonderful feeling. I am learning so much everyday. I am working harder than I ever have. I am having to push myself to work EVEN harder, every single day. And I feel more than ever that He is with me. I honestly couldn't even explain it if I tried. But it is the absolute most amazing feeling in the world. To know that He is on my side. To know that He is helping me to become the type of missionary I need to. More than ever I feel like He is helping me turn all my weaknesses into strengths.

There are a couple things that have been on my mind this week:

First, the miracle of The Atonement. Obviously that one could be talked about for days. But I have been thinking this week of the miracle of change. How much The Atonement literally changes us. How I have so many weaknesses. But I wake up every morning, and I ask Heavenly Father to help me. Because I literally can't do it without Him. And somehow, everyday, He makes me stronger. He helps me to build more faith. He helps me to have more trust in Him. And little by little...He is shaping me into who I need to be.
And He does that for all of us. All we have to do is be humble enough to turn towards Him and recognize that we cannot do it without Him. Change is such a miracle. That every single one of us can change. And I have seen it over and over again on my mission. And now I am starting to see it in myself. And it is truly the coolest thing. To look back on myself, just a short year ago....and to not feel like I am even close to the same person. I am so different. But in so many good ways. Well, I hope ;) haha.

Second, forgetting ourself in the service of others. That has been my goal my entire mission. And I feel like I am finally getting there. I can't tell you how good it feels just to finally stop thinking about myself so much, and to constantly have my mind on other people.

And THAT is why I am so happy. I know it is. The is where true happiness comes from. That is why I am so so incredibly grateful and blessed for this time in my life.

Wooow I have gotten SO missionary, haven't I? Haha. Sorry. We all knew it would happen :)
I love you all. I pray for you. I am so beyond grateful for you.
Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Soeur Magleby

No comments:

Post a Comment