Tuesday, May 27, 2014

May 19

Salut my loved ones! Well. I really don't even know where to begin with this week. So, I thought I would tell you a story in pictures :)
As you see, this is a picture of me and a bunch of missionaries and McDonald's. Haha. I didn't get a good picture with everyone looking so...this will have to do. Wednesday we went to have an exchange in Bordeaux with the sister training leaders. It was a good day despite the fact that we had to wake up at 4:30 in the morning to get on the train. Bleh. But, I always like working in Bordeaux, so it was fun! And then Thursday morning we woke up. And had to wake up at 5 in the morning...not much better. But we had to wake up to go to our District Meeting which was supposed to be in Pau. Well. Long story short...we were apparently supposed to get off in a city called Dax and switch trains to go to Pau. but no one told us and our tickets didn't say. Sooo we didn't get off. And then all of a sudden I see two elders on the train I know, Elder Heck and Elder Withers. And then realized that they were headed to Bayonne...and all of a sudden the train annoucned that we were on our way to Bayonne. Which is definitely NOT where Pau is. Haha. But, not way too far, it wasn't too big of a deal. So, we ended up having to go to the district meeting in Bayonne. Which actually ended up being WONDERFUL because I love all the missionaries in this district :) So, it ended up being a good day but actually super, super exhausting. Oh and we ended up eating at McDonald's because Elder Heck left 5 kilos of Shephard's Pie on the bus. Hahha it was literally the worst. We had no food. But hey, all works out because we got to go to McDonald's :) So, then we headed back to Tarbes. This is us SUPER tired on the train ride home...

 ​I don't know why my hair looks so red....
So, we went home and finally got to sleep in our own beds :) and then we woke up the next morning and got to go to a WEDDING! for two members in our branch who are literally like our best friends.They are pretty much the only members that teach with us and they are litereally incredible. And I love them so, so much. It was so fun to be able to spend pretty much the entire day at their wedding! And we got to decorate for their reception! It was a blast. So we spent like all morning decorating and then we went to the wedding :)

It actually ended up being a really awesome day with a ton of miracles because there were SO many inactives at the wedding. And also 4 of our amis came!! It was like a ward activity..haha. But it was so fun. Except for the part where we had to go home at 9:30 while the party was still going on...but, it was a wonderful day. One of the funnest days I have had on my mission. I didn't get any really wonderful pictures...but my companion did and I will have to steal them from her later.

VoilĂ , wedding photos!
This is what a French wedding looks like! In France you have to get legally married before going to the temple.

The Bride and Groom with two of our amis! (the two on the end)
​With one of my favorite jeune filles Maily who made ALL the cupcakes for the wedding. So great.

​We look a lot less tired in this one :)


So, there is a little rundown for you of my week. And to end of the week, we saw a really cool miracle on Saturday! The office called us and gave us a referral of someone who had put their information in on the website. So, we called him and he said that yes he was interested and so we went to go see him Saturday morning! He is a wonderful little miracle. His name is M--. Honestly...I can't even explain it but a lot of the big miracles I have seen on my mission have just fallen into my lap. People who are elect. I feel like when we are being diligent and working hard, Heavenly Father just gives them to us. It is so crazy. And that is what he did with M--! It was SUCH an amazing lesson. He even brought up baptism at the end without us even saying anything...the Spirit was so, so strong. He is such an adorable and humble guy and I definitely see him getting baptized. It was really cool. I just love seeing people that are literally prepared.

And I am so so grateful that Heavenly Father trusts us enough to work with His children to bring them back to Him :) I have been doing a lot of asking my Heavenly Father this week of helping me to feel of His love for me, and He really has answered my prayers. I just feel so grateful this week to know that I am a daughter of God. And that He really does love me. I can see how much He loves me just through all the blessings I have in my life. I just feel like I am showered with them. I feel so, so grateful to be able to be His servent. And He doesn't seem to stop blessing me. I am just so happy. I love every second of this work, even the really difficult times. Because I know the difficult times just make the wonderful times even better :)

Sorry it was just kind of a random email this week. But, just know I am happy and doing well! Also, transfer calls this week....I am praying to be able to stay here. I feel like I will, but we will see what happens!

Je vous aime!! Bisous!!

Love, Soeur Magleby

No comments:

Post a Comment