Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Where to begin...‏

The field is white and ready to harvest. Haha

Me and Valèrie! 

Hello my darling family!
I really don't even know where to begin with this one. SO much has happened in just a short week.

First off, I am on the exact opposite side of France than the last time I talked to you.
I am in a ville close to Switzerland. I finally made it out of the Bordeaux Zone! Haha. I am excited to be here. But honestly, it was a bit hard as well. It was just kind of crazy and a bit scary to just get sent to a whole new side of the mission where I have never been and where I really don't know anyone..and I was SO sad to leave Tarbes. I just was not expecting AT ALL that I was going to leave, and so I hadn't prepared myself mentally..or physically.

I was really heart broken to leave those members. I had worked like crazy over the last 6 weeks to love them as much as I possibly could, and then I had to leave them. But, I don't regret it at all. It was such a wonderful 6 weeks that I go to spend in Tarbes.

We saw some really cool miracles last week! We got two engagés, each with the date of July 5th!! One of them is M-- that I talked about last week. And the other one is named Jean-Marc. Super huge miracle with him, actually. He has been taught and retaught all of the lessons. And we were getting worried he was going to become an eternal ami and never get baptized because he just wouldn't accept any of the dates we tried to give him. So, we had a rdv with him and we told him that by Sunday, he HAD to have a date. And we told him to really pray super hard about it.  Soo yeah, he showed up on Sunday, and what date had he picked? July 5th! It was crazy, and a super super cool miracle.

So yeah, it was hard to leave Tarbes after seeing all those cool miracles, but it is alright. Because I know I am exactly where the Lord wants me to be.
I actually know for a fact that I am supposed to be in this ville. Because actually, I was supposed to come here a while ago. When I left Pau. President assigned me here, buuut then there was someone in the Geneva Zone that I wasn't allowed to see. So, I got sent to Limoges instead. And I had learned that through the sister that got sent there in instead of me, because apparently when the Zone Leaders called they were super surprised to find out that it was Soeur Beeny instead of Soeur Magleby there...

So. For some reason....I am supposed to be here. And I am determined to find out what it is!
I feel really exhausted to start this transfer off..BUT, I also feel super motivated. I am excited to see what the Lord has in store for me here. My companion is Soeur R. She is German. My first non-American companion! We haven't even been together 24 hours yet...but she seems pretty great, actually. She is super super sweet. She is also the first companion I have ever had who is younger than I am..so that is a change. But she isn't super young, she is going on her 5th transfer.

Voilà. My crazy week. I promise I will have more to tell you all next week after figuring out this ville a bit more!

For now..I just wanted to leave you with one of the most comforting lines from Elder Uchdorf in his talk this last conference.

This is what he said:

In light of what we know about our eternal destiny, is it any wonder that whenever we face the bitter endings of life, they seem unacceptable to us? There seems to be something inside of us that resists endings.
Why is this? Because we are made of the stuff of eternity. We are eternal beings, children of the Almighty God, whose name is Endless and who promises eternal blessings without number. Endings are not our destiny.
The more we learn about the gospel of Jesus Christ, the more we realize that endings here in mortality are not endings at all. They are merely interruptions—temporary pauses that one day will seem small compared to the eternal joy awaiting the faithful.

How grateful I am to my Heavenly Father that in His plan there are no true endings, only everlasting beginnings.

That is a really huge comfort to me right now. Endings our not our destiny. We go through this life losing a lot of our loved ones..and going through a lot of trials.

But we have the Gospel of Jesus Christ. And we can know that we are Eternal Beings with an Eternal plan. And that endings are not a part of this plan. Only pauses. But we will see all those we love again someday.

I love you all! Thank you for all your love. I will talk to you next week.
Love,

Soeur Mag

No comments:

Post a Comment