Friday, May 16, 2014

The simple things

I ate my first kebab this week.....my companion promised me it would be good and I finally gave in.

...it was good.

Pit stop in Bayonne this week!!

Soeur S, me, and our adorable member Val

Wow. You are all so wonderful. I just so much LOVE today after reading all of your emails. Thank you all so much! Thank you for taking that time to just write me even just a short little email. It really means so much to me and it really helps push me throughout the week. I feel super loved today and that is the best feeling ever!

Well, this week. Was super busy and crazy. I feel like last Monday was SO long ago and it has been forever since I have talked to you! I really think that is because I have just been so busy and I feel like we have done so much in just a weeks time. I am still loving it here! I feel so so blessed. I just feel like my entire mission I have been blessed with awesome villes and awesome companions. I really don't know what I did to deserve it.

Soeur S and I have been working hard this week! We have taught more lessons this week than I almost taught my entire last transfer...haha. I love it though. I love actually TEACHING as a missionary. Because that is what I am here to do! I have seen so many miracles this week I couldn't even describe them all. And also we currently have 9 amis so I also couldn't even begin to tell you about all of them even though I wish I could because they all are so wonderful.

We have one engagĂ© right now, and he has been taught a while and is super ready for baptism except for the fact that he can't seem to stop smoking...we have had like 4 lessons in a row just trying to encourage him to stop smoking, but it is super hard for him right now.  He has a date for around the end of May, so we are really hoping that as we pray like crazy that he will be able to quit by then! He is really wonderful though and I am hoping we get to see him baptized this transfer! Other than that all of our amis are really quite wonderful but they each just have small worries that we are trying to overcome.

One of the biggest miracles I saw this week was Ka--! She is so wonderful. She was one of those who I almost let pass me as I was walking but I really felt the spirit tell me to talk to her. So I did, and it was literally like a 15 second contact because she was in a hurry but in that time she gave me her number and told me her sister is a member! Which is crazy. So, we had our first rdv this week and apparently her sister was baptized 3 years ago in a different ville in France, and Karine got taught by the elders quite a bit around the same time, but she never got baptized because they then ended up going back up to Guadeloupe, and they just barely came back to France. And she said she isn't really even sure why she gave us her number but just did and now she wants to start all the lessons over from the beginning, and she has a HUGE desire to learn.  She is truly one of those miracle people. She even offered to say the prayer at the end because she was so excited to start praying again...and she has a little boy who is adorable. So yeah, very cool miracle we saw this week. I can't wait to see her progress. We are actually are headed over to her house as soon as we are done emailing today, so I will update you next week! 

Also this branch is just amazing. I have been praying like crazy to love them with all that I have, and I really felt like my prayers getting answered this week. I already feel like I would be sad to leave them. Not gonna lie, some of them are a little crazy. But that is what makes me love them even more! Haha. And they are great at helping us teach, it is wonderful.

Speaking of prayers getting answered. I feel like I just have a huge list of moments where my prayers got answered this week. One very specific one..we had Zone Training this week in Bordeaux. And we have to get on a train at 6 in the morning to get there. And turns out there was a strike going on that day (super common in France) so the trains weren't running right. Long story short..we had left Bordeaux at 2.30 and it was 8:00 and we still weren't home, when it should have taken 3 hours...We ended up having to take like a 3 hours bus ride. And by this point I just felt so sick. It happens often on days where we have to travel like that...but I was feeling extra terrible. And then I got on the bus and got SUPER bus sick. this sounds like a really silly story, but honestly it just really built my faith this week. I pretty much just felt like I wanted to die I felt so crappy. And I still had 3 hours on a bus, and I just almost couldn't even take it. So I prayed. And nothing. And prayed really hard again. Nothing. And then I got frustrated and I was just begging Heavenly Father to help me because I didn't know if I was going to make it home. And I prayed for a third time, with all the energy of my heart. And almost as soon as it came I didn't feel sick anymore. And I was able to make it home that night without a problem.

I know this doesn't sound like a  big deal..but it honestly built my faith this week. Even if it just was the simpiliest silly little thing. I know with all of my heart that Heavenly Father does answer our prayers. Even the simple ones. He is simply our Father and really just wants to hear from us. the Spirit will always invite us to pray to Him, no matter how unworthy we feel. If we don't feel like praying or we feel to unworthy to pray to Him..we can know it is not coming from the Spirit.

Talk to your Heavenly Father. As often as you can. He is waiting to hear from you. He loves you.

And I love you all so so much! Thank you for all you do for me, I can never thank you enough.
Bisous!
Love,
Soeur Magleby

No comments:

Post a Comment