Friday, May 16, 2014

The Gospel=Change

A crappy picture of Bayonne, but there you go.

What we did today for P day. Hung out in a beautiful park and drank Limonade. It was wonderful.

Annd then there was this one time we got stuck in Lourdes. Haha

Hello my darling family!

Yesterday was SO wonderful. Honestly it kind of freaks me out a bit to see you. I just usually try to block out of my mind how much I really miss all of you, but then seeing all of your adorable faces just really reminds me of how much I miss you! But, it's all right :) I have been blessed to have never been too homesick on my mission and really I just am so grateful to have such a wonderful family I miss so much. Honestly, thank you all for being so wonderful. You all have such a light about you and I feel so strengthened and encouraged everytime I get to talk to you. So, thank you for that :) 

I have had a really, really great week. It was just one of those weeks where I really felt carried by the prayers of all the people that are praying for me. I know there are a lot, and I feel like there are times where Heavenly Father really grants me with the opportunity to really FEEL of those prayers, and use them to help carry me and help me with my work. And I am really grateful for those moments :)

As you have noticed there are a lot of weeks where I tend to see a theme...and this week there definitely was one.  About how much the Gospel changes people. How it changes us. And how you can literally SEE this change.

I got the opportunity this week to go on exchange with an awesome sister Soeur Eschbach in a beautiful ville called Bayonne! It was a really just wonderful day spent in a beautiful place. And we had this really cool experience with a lady on the bus. We had a longish bus ride, about 30 minutes. So we got on and sat across from this about 40 year old lady. I was planning on contacting her but before I could even say anything she started talking to us and asking us about HOW in the WORLD we could believe in God if we can't see Him. That is one of my favorite questions. There are SO many people who tell me they don't believe because they can't see. I will honestly never be able to understand that. I don't have to SEE Him to know He is there. Because I can FEEL that He is there. And that to me, is a lot more important than seeing.

Anyway, so we get into this whole conversation. And she is a super nice lady so it wasn't like we were straight up arguing with each other, but she was pretty blunt with her opinions. And then she learned we were Mormon and she started saying straight up to us that we are a sect. And I told her nicely, that no, we actually are not a sect. But she was like "Nope, I know you are. You just don't know it yet because you are young. But you will see in a few years and you will realize you are a sect and you will think back to this conversation." And I just kindly said "Madame..I invite you to do the same thing. You will think back to this conversation again in a few years, if not sooner. And you will want to know what our message was. And when that moment comes, I invite you to find us and to ask." Haha. Anyway, so we had a pretty intense conversation for about 25 minutes and she was super stubborn. But then the craziest thing happened...and all of a sudden the look in her eyes was different. And she looked at me and said "Alright, I will admit. You have convinced me. I believe you. So if I were to go with your church what would I have to do?"

It was so amazing. In almost an instant...she changed. Completely. And she even told us she loved us as she got off the bus. But we sadly didn't get her number, but I know she will meet missionaries again some day :)

Second example. We have an ami named Gen--. He has been taught for a while, and we are on about our 7th lesson with him. But we have had to reteach a lot because he really wasn't grasping everything we were saying. And he is 22 and even though I know he has a sincere desire he has been trying to play off the too cool to care 22 year old card. But I know he cares, but he just hasn't been acting like it. But we kept our faith in him. And then he showed up to our rdv Saturday. And he was a different person. He ACTUALLY brought his Book of Mormon with him this time. And the way he even listened was different. And his answers to our questions were amazing. And then he prayed at the end. And even though it was in Spanish and I didn't really understand...the Spirit was SO strong. And then we set a baptism date with him. He was changed.

The Gospel changes lives. That is something I hear often and I think we all hear. But I just feel so, so grateful to have a front row seat to see this change in peoples lives.

The power of the Atonement is beyond our comprehension. He can literally CHANGE us. In as little as an instant. As long as we let Him. We are all here to change. To become better. And all we have to do is let Him change us. And He will mold us into everything He wants us to be :)

I am so grateful for my Savior in my life. I would be nothing without Him.
I love you all so much. Have a wonderful week.
I will see you soon!
Bisous!
Love,

Soeur Magleby

No comments:

Post a Comment